Growing list of Parks I have visited:

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Carmon Downs - Cornwall

A very nice park with some fully serviced sites: very pleasant stay all round, lovely scenery and places of interest nearby.

Carmon_Downs.JPG

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Carmon Downs - Cornwall

A very nice park with some fully serviced sites: very pleasant stay all round, lovely scenery and places of interest nearby.

Carmon_Downs.JPG

What were the on sites Showers like, very important. ! :p

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Very neat and clean. The whole park was well run and well placed for sightseeing etc. Comes highly recommended.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Grey, Maybe not your sort, ""Big CL /Cs type of site. Every pitch is huge, But put this on your list. .
http://www.turbles.co.uk.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well after taking the Better half to see "Fisherman Friends" film , Her Dad was from Hale, looks like we are off to the site Gey has posted. After the Woosie spring meet up which is still open to anyone that wants to come along. Thornbrook barn , Ingelton.
https://www.thornbrookbarn.co.uk/. Check the Woosie Thread.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Well peeps I did say "GROWING" .....

Anyway tomorrow we are off to a reasonably new park called " Red Kite Touring Park"
This park is designed to accommodate cassette waste into pitch grey water drain, especially adapted!
You have to use the "Green" Eco friendly chemical in the cassette to d this.

6 Days of sunny relaxation coming up! ( Did you notice - Adults only - No not that sort of Adults only!)

Red_Kite_Layout.JPG

http://www.redkitetouringpark.co.uk/

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Grey13 said:
6 Days of sunny relaxation coming up! ( Did you notice - Adults only - No not that sort of Adults only!).....

Adults only eh ??!! What happens on site stays on site !! :p

Looks nice though . Keswick for us and looking at the weekend forecast it's supposed to be a scorcher .
Enjoy

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Well peeps I did say "GROWING" .....

Anyway tomorrow we are off to a reasonably new park called " Red Kite Touring Park"
This park is designed to accommodate cassette waste into pitch grey water drain, especially adapted!
You have to use the "Green" Eco friendly chemical in the cassette to d this.

6 Days of sunny relaxation coming up! ( Did you notice - Adults only - No not that sort of Adults only!)

Red_Kite_Layout.JPG

]http://www.redkitetouringpark.co.uk/
http://www.redkitetouringpark.co.uk/[/quote
The site has a top reputation and is in a beautiful area. Make sure you visit the kite feeding area on the road to Aberystwyth. You can also see many kites around Rhayader as there’s also a feeding area nearby.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well after taking the Better half to see "Fisherman Friends" film ,

Funny you should mention that, madam loves Port Isaac where the original Fishermans Friends are from and has a real inkling to see the film.

As for me, I would rather be stabbed in the head with a rusty fork, it really doesnt appeal to me. Is the film survivable or as bad an experience as I imagine.

As for parks visited, we have some real favourites. Hawes is top, followed by Dornafield, and Trethem Mill. Haycraft was quite good and we really like the Centenary site in the New Forest.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
As i write this we are in the Thornbrook Barn park near Hawes and just visited a customer of mine, Wensleydale Creamery. (Cheese factory). Problem is it's raining and overcast. This pstk is really nice with super facilities.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Grey , saying that you're only half an hour from where I was at Easter weekend you should pop down have a look at the site that we found just near Leyburn DL8 5PQ ....

If you are familiar with the wesleydale Caravan Club Site and you would normally turn in at The Pheasant Inn pub but if you turn down the bank opposite the pub you come to the site at the bottom of the hill on the right ....

P.s , we were at the cheese factory a few years ago and I was stuffed by the time I came out at the end with all the little free tasting bits :p .

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Second foray since getting the caravan, in very pleasant Dobb's Weir as the rain starts...

Strange behaviour with the Powrtouch Evo when manoeuvring out (fine when pitching) - the mover carried on driving for a very short time after releasing whichever button I was pressing...

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Can one of you woosies at thornbrook let me know what you think of site after your stay please,as I'm only 3/4 hr away and looks/sounds a great site for a quick weekend getaway site for us,weather should be OK after tomorrow :) cheers.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Brasso, we have only been here for a day but the site is great, only shortcoming for us is the turn into some pitches are tight , but the pitches are all hardstandings and BIG, with small hedge between each pitch. Shower blocks are immaculate, I really recommend this place. The pub is a gently 15 minutes walk away. Dog friendly. , there is another 5 pitch, fully serviced, smaller site near to the pub. " Meadow Falls" Www.meadowfalls.co.uk
If we have any problems here I will post after the weekend.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Carmon Downs - Cornwall

Carmon_Downs.JPG

Sorry , I missed this thread. Ten years ago we spent. Hristmas and New Year here. A lovely site with excellent personal facilities. It was thick snow so we had to walk a considerable distance for water. Sadly ,then, no fully serviced pitches, but we still enjoyed it. A twenty
minute strenuous walk took us to the Punchbowl and Ladle pub with great food and beer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts