Grrrr!

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Well....we just drove back to the midlands from Padstow. I was driving along the A30 coming over Bodmin Moor doing about 50. Fairly clear road, but persistent drizzle, meaning you had to be a bit more cautious, which is why I wasnt doing 60. Up ahead, an x-type jag waiting to join the road from the left. Loads of space ahead of me for him to join. But no, he was obviously waiting until I'd gone past . . . WRONG! At the last minute, he pulled out, and at a pedestrian pace, made absolutely no effort to speed up to avoid getting a Bailey up his bum. He left it so late, I had all the anchors on (my brake pedal nearly went through the floor) whilst desperately trying not to lock the wheels up on the damp road, and there was absolutely no way on this earth I was going to stop. Luckily, he finally noticed my flashing full beam, or my constant horn, or maybe the rage in my eyes in his rear view mirror, and managed to squeeze his accelarator just in time to pull away from my front bumper whilst giving me a little wave, hopefully of apology.

If i'd had the power to get alongside him or in front and pull him over, he'd have needed a bit more than a wave to placate me. God I was so angry. The wife and two kids were hanging on for their life in the back.

What more can I say? Even when you try and drive safely and leave safe distances, idiots abuse it. Wish I'd been composed enough to get his number, because I'd have certainly reported him. But that probably wouldn't have got me anywhere.

Sorry. Moan over.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
i had a similar experience heading up the A9 to dingwall in may. some clown in an old landrover pulled right out of a layby in front of me leaving me about three car lengths between him and me with a speed differential of about 40mph. im sure he thought he was on a dual carriageway stretch, but if i hadn't been fortunate enough to have a clear road, and get clean past him, my 4 1/2 tonnes of mercedes ml and twin axle elddis would have probably kiiled him.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts