Habitation Lights not working when engine running.

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi All
Fairly new to this and this query hasn't really been a problem up to now but I would really like to understand it.
When my engine is running I've noticed that the power in the habitation area is off!! My Zig Marque 3 has a rocker switch that gives a choice of engine battery, auxiliary battery or the middle position which is Off. when engine is off I switch to auxiliary and everything's fine. Popped to my van this morning and started it and left it running whilst I checked the interior and I couldn't get any power. I must be doing something wrong, normally we stop, pile in the back and its not a problem, but if someone in the back might want a light on if they were reading etc as we were driving along it isn't possible???
Any advice anybody. ( Ps. I have tried switching to engine battery but nothing happens.)
Dave.

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It is normal in some vans (usually by some British converters) for the habitation power to be cut off when the engine is running. Our Elddis was like that but our Burstner isn't. From what I've read it is supposed to be a safety feature but opinions seem to vary as to how valid an argument that is.

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts