habitation switches

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
HiMy name is Mick and I am a complete newbie.I bought my first motorhome 4 weeks ago and have already had some great breaks.I have a quick question that I hope someone will be able to answer.I own a 2008 Swift Voyager 695 EL.As you enter through the habitation door ther are switches on the left hand side, one is the electric step, another is the twin habitation ligh switches and just below this there is a switch which has a neon light which illuminates when switched on. Unfortunately I cannot find out what the switch does. I have contacted the previous owner but he does not know what the switch is for either.Can anyone helpKind regardsMick

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Mick, if you don't have an Owner Handbook then you should be able to download one for your MH direct from the Swift Group site.
http://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/motorhomes/handbooks The manulas for older than 2014 models can be accessed by clicking on the dark grey "SHOW" button. I did have a quick look for the a 2008 voyager owner handbook but couldn't find anything specific to that model so suspect it is bundled into as the 2006 Motorhome Owners Handbook.

I all else fails then contact Swift direct which you should be able to do from the Swift web site or search for the Swift Owners forum.

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It could be a 12 volt system isolator. Our Bustner has one on the control panel but our Autoquest had one by the door. Easy enough to check - switch it off and see if the 12v still works.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
HiThanks for your quick response.I have got the manual for the M/H but there is no mention of this switch.I suppose I'll have to do it the hard way and try to trace the cables.Thank again for your help.Mick

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mick
The best place to get an answer is on Swift-Talk, The Swift's team & Sargents (who produce the habitation electrics) usually respond quickly & there will be other forum members who may also be able to help.
http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/forum (post in the Motorhome general or Motorhome technical sections) It's free to join, you will just have to register.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts