Half Awning????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a Bailey Ranger 500/5 and wandering if it is possible to buy an awning wich fits between the rear vertical awning rail and the kitchen window i.e. the back half of the awning would be in the awning rail whilst the front half would be as a porch awning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin, I've just done this sort of thing with our old awning.

We have an old Bradcot which is too small for our new van. The solution was to buy a patio kit from Bradcot to convert the awning to a 3/4 size.

Basically the awning cord is cut at the appropriate position and when the awning is fed through the rail one part of the cord is within the rail and the other part is running down the van through a porch awning type of padding.

So if you haven't got an old small awning, find one and adapt it :)

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Colin, NR do a combi awning. You chose the size you want from their range and order the combi kit (foam pad and pole, hey presto you have a 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 or any size you like, goes in one end and down the van like Clive said.

We got one for the last caravan, as we were sick of buying a new awning every time we changed the van and selling or nearly giving away an almost new awning, ideal as now we got an awning which will last for years and wont have to give it away.

Kevin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts