hancook tyres

May 12, 2005
Visit site
last year we were alerted by our friend ,mr john graham about our caravan tyres as he has the same caravan elldis teviot ,and when he was on holiday in spain he has a blow out ,he took the tyres to be examined on his return home,the tyres were declared falty the tyres in question were hancook tyres the same tyres that were fitted to our elldis we had our tyres inspected and we were told that one was falty we had no faith in the other tyres so had all our tyres replaced to a 8ply tyre our tyres were only a year and a half old and had only covered five thousand miles ,we e-mailed hancook but got no answer as we have kept the tyres for any inspection hancook would like to make .we would like to know if other people have had blow outs with the same make of tyres????we also sent a e-mail to elldis they say we had no come back on them but it was the tyres they fitted on their caravans,we should not have had this expence on such a new caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You were lucky to get 5000 miles and I was to get 17000 from these tyres. I know of someone who had a failure on a new van with less than 1000 miles on and, guess what, dealer points to warranty which excludes tyres and van manufacturer doesn't want to know.

Unfortunately he accepted this as "one of those things" before I could advise him to contact Trading Standards or take out a Small claims court action, but it is really not good enough. Surely this is the sort of thing NCC should come down hard on, but I suppose it is fundeed by the makers, so that won't happen.

Don't watch much TV but is "Watchdog" still running ? - seems the sort of thing they used to take up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts