Happy caravaning

Dec 21, 2007
Visit site
Have just bought an ancient '93 Elddis Typhoon to see if we like caravaning. On 3rd January we are setting off for Dover/Calais ferry - would have preffered our normal route Portsmouth/Bilbao but does not operate in January, then we are driving straight down to our Spanish home on the Costa del Sol. After Easter we shall set off to go up through Spain, round South of France to Italy.

The caravan has been fully serviced, water & electrics checked with new seals etc fitted, 2 new 8ply tyres, Alko 3004 stabiliser, new carpet and curtains. Our tow car is a Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD auto which should prove to be quite comfortable.

We have joined the Caravan Club & has already paid for it's self by the ferry savings. For navigation we have a TomTom One Europe which I think is fantastic- we used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago returning to the UK. It was brilliant around Paris when we arrived there during the evening rush hour...dark, pouring with rain & a drivers nightmare. Certainly makes driving a relaxed pleasure with ample warnings starting 800 meters in advance - my wife wishes I had bought one years ago. Saves all that shouting!!

Any more tips greatly appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts