Has anybody been

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody been to Carlyon Bay Caravan & Camping Park St Austell Cornwall

We are leaving the North West at 6am tomorrow morning and hope to arrive early afternoon

I would appreciate any comments both on the site and the route down

Regards

John

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi John
This was our prefered site for about 10 years of camping and caravaning. We stopped going when the kids got too old to go away with mum and dad. The site was basic at the time but the beach just a few minuets away was the best in Cornwall.
When we went back to caravaning we looked at going there again but on a work trip about 4 years ago we went to have a look, the site seemed good but the area had been built up and the beach was closed as a new block of apartments were being built right on the beach, there was objections from locals and all building works had been stopped for the previose 3 years so you can imagine that all was left was an abandoned building site. However hopefully for you this has now been sorted and you will have a great time.
I would be very interested to know how you get on and what you think of it.
Have a good safe trip.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi John.If you are looking for a re-fuelling stop on the way down,can I recommend Asda at junction 17 on the M5.
While you are there,you could also pop into the store to pick up provisions.
Just one word of warning though........if you go into the store,its advisable to leave one person back at the car/caravan.
I work nearby, and there has been more than one caravan "permanently borrowed" from the car park
smiley-frown.gif

Adrian

TRENDING THREADS