Has anybody else noticed?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm disappointed to have to say this, but this website / forum now appears to be used mainly as an advertising platform by the new owners.
The space available for posts appears to be decreasing on a daily basis, first of all we had the large adverts at the webpage header causing the forum page to jump around like a demented kangaroo, and now the forum dialogue boxes are being squeezed from the right by more large adverts.
I've had zero contact with anyone from admin, they appear to have stopped supplying the complimentary subscriptions to moderators, I haven't had mine anyway, I haven't seen any one of them shown as being online and I very much doubt if any administrator will even see my comment, let alone bother to reply to it. :angry:
I'm beginning to wonder if we're being left to our own devices until we all gradually drift away from this forum?

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Captive audience, it is no longer a "caravan enthusiast's" forum but a tool to drum up business and or get marketing info about caravanners!

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Parksy said:
.....I'm disappointed to have to say this, but this website / forum now appears to be used mainly as an advertising platform by the new owners.
The space available for posts appears to be decreasing on a daily basis, first of all we had the large adverts at the webpage header causing the forum page to jump around like a demented kangaroo, and now the forum dialogue boxes are being squeezed from the right by more adverts.....

I've been using my phone for the last 2 years or so since we got rid of the iPad ( on chrome ) and even though the forum may have changed hands, I've never had any problem with the forum jumping about or adverts getting squeezed in . The format on my phone is exactly the same as it was before .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Parksy said:
.....I'm disappointed to have to say this, but this website / forum now appears to be used mainly as an advertising platform by the new owners.
The space available for posts appears to be decreasing on a daily basis, first of all we had the large adverts at the webpage header causing the forum page to jump around like a demented kangaroo, and now the forum dialogue boxes are being squeezed from the right by more adverts.....

I've been using my phone for the last 2 years or so since we got rid of the iPad ( on chrome ) and even though the forum may have changed hands, I've never had any problem with the forum jumping about or adverts getting squeezed in . The format on my phone is exactly the same as it was before .

Mines the same as Craig. No problem on phone although if the new owners did try and insert ads etc I wouldn’t be able to read or submit forum posts.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Agree completely, i don't think the forum is as friendly or humorous as it was. Shame really it used to be worth a look every day, but no more.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I'm only seeing a panel on the right with 4 'Most recent caravan reviews'. I think that is the same as its always been.
AdBlock is reporting 14 blocks on most forum pages

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Parksy said:
I'm disappointed to have to say this, but this website / forum now appears to be used mainly as an advertising platform by the new owners.
The space available for posts appears to be decreasing on a daily basis, first of all we had the large adverts at the webpage header causing the forum page to jump around like a demented kangaroo, and now the forum dialogue boxes are being squeezed from the right by more large adverts.
I've had zero contact with anyone from admin, they appear to have stopped supplying the complimentary subscriptions to moderators, I haven't had mine anyway, I haven't seen any one of them shown as being online and I very much doubt if any administrator will even see my comment, let alone bother to reply to it. :angry:
I'm beginning to wonder if we're being left to our own devices until we all gradually drift away from this forum?

VicM llows said:
I'm only seeing a panel on the right with 4 'Most recent caravan reviews'. I think that is the same as its always been.
AdBlock is reporting 14 blocks on most forum pages

If Parksy sees the forum as on the way out, it probably is, regretfully :(

Hope we all keep in touch in a new forum.

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
The new owners are clearly interacting with the website though to change the content month on month?
any direct emails to which we could express our concerns?

Kev

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Yup, I have adverts fo4r shoes and loud shirts under the titles, adverts for ice lollies all around the scree, adverts for well known budget supermarkets pushing the script box to the left. I have only three lines of script before the words are off the screen,adverts just about everywhere. a pity really.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been in touch with the one contact I have and am awaiting a reply to some questions that I have asked , about the advertising and future of the forum.
I have had no contact from the new owners but have had a message from my contact that the post Lizzie had has not been filled but no mention of whether it actually will be filled.

I cannot give out a contact email as it will not go to Future, but all I can ask is for users to be patient for the time being and wait , as I am , for some information to come my way.
Personally I cannot see them ditching the forum as it is source on which to advertise, but what they have in mind is unknown yet.
We live in hope, but not holding breath !!!

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi although I don't post much thats only because not got a van at the moment hubby on work permit in Canada so I'm overthere a lot,
But I have always thought that this forum for those of us who have been on for a while seemed family orientated..

So why did that stupid chicken cross the road... because it didn't know it was a road... LOL LOL LOL

other forums ie money saving etc are inpersonal but on here we all have one thing in common..

our love of towing and touring here or abroad and the freedom .. xxxx to you all

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Parksy - I certainly noticed - in fact I started a thread called Adverts about 4 months ago, as the advert coverage at that time was completely out of hand. Glad you are on our side with this.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Really is no big issue to start a new forum and host it properly, ad-free. If the new owners have no interest in this forum, maybe we could do something so that we can all stay together.

I dont want to go back to the other forums, this one and the people that populate it is/are way above the quality of the others. It feels like home, just like home as we constantly get ads pushed through the letterbox by the postman.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts