Has anybody had any faulty cadac easy chefs?

Mar 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi there, Can anybody tell me whether they have had any problems with their easy chefs.The plastic insert in the crome stem has melted somehow and now the barbecue doesnt work.I took it back to the retailer to be told that they have had lots of problems with these and that cadac had not found a solution to this. The retailer said they will order me another insert but it may happen again.Can anybody give me any light on this problem and tell me of their results to the problem.

Thanks for your time Mike.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Had probs with carrichef and contacted Cadac direct had replacement parts next day,excellent service.Try:-

Sarah Honeywill

Customer Services

Cadac UK

0117 9866643

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi all

had the same problem with my cadac,

just phoned them , once again a very helpful lady. She told me the black plastic insert just creates the correct air/gas mix in the silver tube. The bbq can be used quiet safely without this plastic insert, but the bbq will just be v slightly "cooler"

The lady took my address and will pop me a spare in the post FREE !! fantasy sevice.

well done CADAC

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I recently had the same problem yellow flame, sooty bottom etc,

E-mailed Sarah and recieved a new baffle. I took the old one out and It looked fine ie no damage from heat etc, so carefully replaced it tried cadac and hay presto no more yellow flames etc, so I now have a spare baffle just in case the baffle does get damaged in the future

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts