Has anyone ever paid this much??

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi Folks

I thought you'd be interested/amused/perplexed or even horrified to hear this. A certain private site around Banff quoted me £10 per night on top of the £15 pitch fee for an awning last week, we did end up going but without the awning.

I thought awnings were usually around £2ish per night or am I out of touch??

Just thought I'd drop this little gem.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
may be its a stealth tax - Gordon has snuck in an Awning Tax while we weren't looking.

Watch out they'll be a Coal Tax and a Window tax before long!!!.

joking aside does seem excessive ,

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I know we are famed in the NE Scotland for being "tight as a ducks wotsit in water", but that is a shocking rip off imo. Out of interest what site was that?

We tend to use the Aberdeenshire Council sites for weekends and find them to be good value for money although toilets, whilst always clean, can tend to be a bit basic.

Cheers

G

G

As Graeme states you were in the glorious 'North East' and after spending 17 years of my life up there I can state that it is a different world. From being told I was a 'loony' on my 1st trip to then being being asked 'furry boots are you fae', as a southern Scots I was totally confused. I felt I was in a different country. There is also a pricing scale on everything that seems to increase the further south you hail from so possibly there is your answer.

Seriously, after having 2 children born and bred up there, I have to get my own back somehow.

Look on the bright side, you will get ripped off just as much in the south of England.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
hi nick

We use the Aberdeenshire site at Banff, find it good value with the concessions.New toilet block last year at Banff. The extra for the awning is for Ecks retirement fund!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Nick

Maybe theywere going to give you a bigger pitch and help you put up the awning, my advice vote with your wallet and avoid the site until they get into the real world, although I expect there are some wlloffs that would pay it not because its worth it just because they can

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
As a newbie, why do sites charge extra for Awnings anyway. we were on tehe Cliffhouse site at Minsmere, and got charged, but awning fitted on our allocated pitch so the space was not going to be used for/by anyone else so why the extra charge?

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies, my apologies for the delay in responding, I have been unable to log on for a while.I'm not sure I should be naming the site or not so I'd better sit tight on that one - apart from to say it's a farm site on the way to Gardenstown less than two miles from Macduff.

Liked the marquee thought, I may pop up with one next time we're there and see how they like it!!

Cheers all for the responses.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts