Hat water on rallies?

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Being a novice on rallies - will i still get hot water for a shower if im running off just battery power and gas?

i have a 2005 eccles sterling if that helps?

thanks

carl

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes you will still be able to shower using gas to heat the water and 12v for the pump
hi Damien thanks for that -

does the gas always heat the inboard tank for hot water?

As i have had the van for 3 years now and can never understand how the van heats the water- i just assumed that it was electricity that did that ?? And that may help me understand why its hit or miss with my hot water in the van.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Carl I am pretty sure you have the Ultrastore water heater in your van.

It will heat water using either gas or electric (230v), or a combination of both for quickk heat up (but NOT to be used together for long periods of time)

You have to make the choice of gas or electric, if on a mains EHU, then using electric is sensible.

To use gas, make sure the outer flue cover is off and use the control inside the van to start the heater (havig made sure the gas is on and isolation tap is in the open position).

It is always very important to ensure the heater is full of water BEFORE using either heat source, more critical regarding the use of the electric heater, or you can do expensive damage to the heater.

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Carl I am pretty sure you have the Ultrastore water heater in your van.

It will heat water using either gas or electric (230v), or a combination of both for quickk heat up (but NOT to be used together for long periods of time)

You have to make the choice of gas or electric, if on a mains EHU, then using electric is sensible.

To use gas, make sure the outer flue cover is off and use the control inside the van to start the heater (havig made sure the gas is on and isolation tap is in the open position).

It is always very important to ensure the heater is full of water BEFORE using either heat source, more critical regarding the use of the electric heater, or you can do expensive damage to the heater.
thx damian

i think i need to get some one who knows what they are doing to look at my system when on site!! lol

i have never been shown how to do it properly and the manual is just complicated.

sometimes the inboard water tank doesnt seem to fill up so that may be the problem - apart from the water half emptying the waterhog is there any way of telling that the inboard heater is full?

Do you know anyone that offers training on these typeof things Damian?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Carl, to fill the hot water system make sure the yellow drain valve (next to the Ultrastore) is shut,

Fill the aquaroll, plug in the pump (if it is anexternal one)or switch the pump on(if it is an internal one), open the sink HOT tap and let run until no more air comes out.

Then open the bathroom HOt tap, until no more air comes out, then do the COLD taps.

Only then do you start the water heater, on gas or electric.

The gas control is marked Ultrastore (or should be) and has a selector for Off or ON and a temperature selector dial.

On electric there is no temperature control, it automatically heats up to 70 degrees.

If you want someone to run through all the equipment on the van with you, I suggest you contact the nearest mobile mechanic

http://www.mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk/mcea-find-an-engineer.htm
and find one nearest you.

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Carl, to fill the hot water system make sure the yellow drain valve (next to the Ultrastore) is shut,

Fill the aquaroll, plug in the pump (if it is anexternal one)or switch the pump on(if it is an internal one), open the sink HOT tap and let run until no more air comes out.

Then open the bathroom HOt tap, until no more air comes out, then do the COLD taps.

Only then do you start the water heater, on gas or electric.

The gas control is marked Ultrastore (or should be) and has a selector for Off or ON and a temperature selector dial.

On electric there is no temperature control, it automatically heats up to 70 degrees.

If you want someone to run through all the equipment on the van with you, I suggest you contact the nearest mobile mechanic

http://www.mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk/mcea-find-an-engineer.htm
and find one nearest you.
thanks again damian - really appreciate it -

it may be that there is damage to my electrical heater element?

and it may be that i can only heat the water via gas and not electric if that is possible due to damage to the element -

or would it not work at all if there was damage to the element?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts