Have Guinea Pigs (Cavies) and Cats Will Travel.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi to you all that consider your pets feelings by not sticking them away when you go off caravanning.
Many years ago I took a Mummy & Daddy Guinea Pig couple with there two offspring on holiday to Hoddam Castle Caravan Park along with a large purpose made fold-able outdoor run with sleeping quarters.
The run was staked to the ground in in 6 specific positions to ensure their safety from nosey dogs and excitable children with a propensity to looking with their hands.
I have also taken our adjusted male cat on holiday to Cae Mawr,Anglesey. Both he and the other two younger rescued additions,they are actually half brother and sister have experienced trips up and down to Northumberland from UpHolland,West Lancashire. Since moving from a house to the current bungalow location they have not been out in the caravan,no more than we have.
The cats travel in comfortably large travel cages and we have a Feliway spray as a calmer if needed.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi there – that sounds exciting. How do other guests at sites react to the animals? And have you had any issues with sites who like/don't like pets?

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
LizziePope said:
Hi there – that sounds exciting. How do other guests at sites react to the animals? And have you had any issues with sites who like/don't like pets?

Hi Lizzie. On both of the occasions that I related to I checked first with the sites,neither objected.
The only concern that I personally had was that after several days at Cae Mawr and Charlie alternating between the freedom of the caravan and a harness and curly chromed metal stake in the ground he did a Harry Houdini leaving the harness and a three meter tether on the ground.
At 18:00hrs and the sound of two stainless steel food bowls rattled together he reappeared as large as life.
From kittens, all of my many cats over the 45yrs of having cats have responded to either or both the rattle of bowls or the calling of 'Food Food'.
The basic principle of Pavlov and 'Conditioned Response' works very well on most subjects.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts