Have you all seen this

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've added my two pennor'th but the idiot doesn't seem to have grasped the idea that that the government are trying to get rid of unnecessary legislation rather than add to it.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
I object to the statement that caravans cause hold ups , its not caravans on the motorway its lorries going up a slight gradient side by side for miles on end at 40mph as they havnt got the power to pass each other , so get your facts right .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Nobody on this forum is stating that caravans cause hold ups Graham.

There was an experiment done a couple of years back when caravans were restricted to the inside lane of a section of the southbound M5 motorway.

The department of transport concluded after the experiment that caravans did not cause hold ups at all on motorways and the restrictions were lifted.

You can post your comments on the government website to express your views if you wish.

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Ive got to admit, when i go out for my first time with a caravan, i'll be making the local traffic news with the hold up im going to cause!

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
according to my experiments the difference in average speed between towing and driving solo is about 3mph for most routes.

i'd say speed bumps account for many more times the pollution than caravan towers.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi Parksy

on the link it says caravan-towing cars cause a lot of delay . Yes i know about the A5 trial as i was on our local radio regarding that.

G

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
on the M42 there is a section where the outside lane is restricted to vehicles under 7.5t.In this section the traffic flows at a higher average speed ,however as soon as you exit the section and lorries can use the lane again that it all comes to a grinding halt.. and on a gradient it can take 2 miles for 1 lorry to pass another.

I use this section a lot and tow the van with it,and we find the traffic flows really well and we can keep our speed when overtaking.

May 3, 2006
Visit site
Looks like I've opened a can of worms - both on here and the Gov site.

I have a few ideas that should become law - but I'll save those for when I become dictator of this land

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts