Have you been to...

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
Have you been to Sea View International at Mevagissey if so whats it like,what is around and about, also beaches nearby and is car parking arm and a leg or reasonable.

Any suggestions for other sites in the general area

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Plotter,
We are actually going there for the June bank hols so if you can wait I can give you abit more info when we return, or are you thinking off going sooner?
One thing I realised after we booked is they only allow one 6 pole windbreak!! Normally use two so doggy can sit out in the fresh air and roam in and out when he pleases.
Kev

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If you are towing I would have a look at Google Maps Street View
smiley-surprised.gif

Put in postcode PL26 6LLhttp://www.practicalcaravan.com/#

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
If you are towing I would have a look at Google Maps Street View
smiley-surprised.gif

Put in postcode PL26 6LL

No problem will take the combine
smiley-smile.gif

It does look a bit narrow though in places but think they have statics on site so if they can get them there think it should be Ok
Have you been LB?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Looks like we'll all be in Cornwall at some time this year!! Not that we've found a field yet!

Why do you need a field? I can tell you of a site with H/S, EHU and dog walks along the river. Heated indoor pool for the kids and cheaper than a CL. Ask Parksy for my email if you want their addy and phone #.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Is that the one you and Dustydog frequent LB, I left it too late to get on
smiley-cry.gif

But will keep trying.
It certainly is Sir Gagakev.
In the strictest of confidence as a founder Knight of The Woosie Round table I'll e-mail you the details.
smiley-kiss.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Is that the one you and Dustydog frequent LB, I left it too late to get on
smiley-cry.gif

But will keep trying.

Yes. We had two weeks in April and going again for two weeks in September
smiley-smile.gif

It's the place I would pick if I ever had a seasonal pitch but that's the problem. There are only 44 pitches and some seem to be seasonal reducing the amount available. We decide early when we want to go and book when they open. Nice owners as well. My only moan is, as a dog owner, they would put signs up telling others to keep their dogs on a short lead on site and not to use the site as a dogs Harry Crapper. I would also limit the amount of dogs per unit. One motorhome that arrived had 6 border collies. The woman walking them had two on leads in one hand and three in the other. The sixth dog was wandering all over the place. It would have been impossible for her to clean up after her dogs which proved to be when I saw her walking along the path and a dog dumping 50 yards behind her. Thankfully they left after two days else the river footpath would have been full of it. There's always those who spoil it for others though sadly
smiley-undecided.gif

nor

Dec 21, 2003
Visit site
plotter said:
Have you been to Sea View International at Mevagissey if so whats it like,what is around and about, also beaches nearby and is car parking arm and a leg or reasonable.

Any suggestions for other sites in the general area
We used to go to sea view when our boys were young ( a long time ago )
We loved it , very well kept in a lovely area with three nice beeches all quite different Gorman haven with the harbour and then caerhays I think , just a few minutes drive or if you like walking you can walk. Plus the beech down the steep hill from the site.
Huge play area.
As I have said its many years since we have been but the area is brilliant. It was quite expensive though so I can't imagine what the cost is now.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Hi Plotter,
We are actually going there for the June bank hols so if you can wait I can give you abit more info when we return, or are you thinking off going sooner?
One thing I realised after we booked is they only allow one 6 pole windbreak!! Normally use two so doggy can sit out in the fresh air and roam in and out when he pleases.
Kev
Hi Plotter, unfortunatly not much to report on local area as I was stuck in the van most of the time (bad back).
Site;
Access; A roads to St Austell, B roads towards site THEN last mile country lane's, but in saying that I stuck to there advised times and had no problems there are plenty of passing places in the lane if needed.
Very clean and tidy, well mown pitches,ah that reminds me the pitches are approx 9.0m x 9.0m which is not huge but adequate.
Now getting on to your pitch could pose a problem if you dont have a mover the roads are very narrow and are actually only the width of the vehicle, there is a luxury family area further over but I never got over there to have a look, sorry.
The other thing I would say is when we were there it was about 70% family tents, which I have absolutly no problems with and the site is actually well set up for the tenters, dish washing, mini ovens, microwave, little kitchen area, take away service etc
One thing I did find strange and that was the Toilet block and the shower block are actually separate from each other, never seen that before.
Would we go again? Proberbly not, but only due to the late arrival times from 3.00pm onwards and that to us is the best part of a day wasted.
By the way ignore the windbreak rule, every one else did
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
St A.Beacon is a nice site.No toilet block or other facilities .Has a fish and chip van that visits.The walks around the site are fantastic,esp the walk to Chapel Porth beach on a nice weather day.One note of caution,the approach road has a narrow section so be prepared to give way.A local white van man took my wing mirror off, simply refused to wait.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts