haven't a clue

May 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

my husband and I started caravanning only last year, and we love it. We've got an Avondale Dart 2 berth, and are currently towing with a Honda CRV. I do all the towing as my husband has health problems which mean he can't. Neither of us know a great deal about caravanning, but the thing we need to find out at the mo is can you get 12v socket adaptors? Andrew has to wear a breathing apparatus at night. We are going to invest in purchasing one that is able to run on 12v. The NHS ones are not appropriate. We would rarely have to just use 12v, but there are occassions when we would like to go to simple places where there is no hook up available. If his new machine is ok to use with 12v, but doesn't have a 12v caravan plug on it, what do we do?

any advice very gratefully received.

Amanda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi there Amanda & Andrew.

First of all welcome to the forum.

I have to use a CPAP pump at night myself as I suffer from adult sleep apnea. I've been told that without my pump I run a strong risk of having a stroke so as you can imagine costant use is imperative.

My pump has a 12volt option to it and what I do is to use a car cigarette plug in adaptor fused at 10 amps which I got from motor world. In the caravan I have a female cigarette socket which I adapted by fitting a plug ( available in most good caravan shops) to match the 12volt socket for the TV in the van. This has worked for the last 3 years quite successfully.

On a light note, I put my pump out on the top of our A frame mounted gas locker and get superb cool filtered air first thing in the morning.

Feel free to ask any questions we're a friendly lot on the forum and will doour best to advise.

Enjoy your caravanning, we certainly do.

All the best.

Steve L.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts