hawthrne farm, sutton on sea, mablethorpe, cc site

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
lord b, no being serious mate. have you been to this site?.

i am being honest and i dont work for any magazine or book or anything. good job im a crap speller and dont put fullstops etc in the correct places, ha ha.

jo-anne

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Not stayed there but did look at it once when in the area. It looked an open site (like a flat field) surrounded by an hawthorn hedge. I also checked out the one at Ingoldmells, Skeggy at the same time and this one was awful. Ingoldmells was close to the sea (when it wasn't out) but had the feeling of being on an industrial estate surrounded by statics. Crap outlook. You couldn't see the sea either because of the sea wall. If you want my honest opinion none of the sites really appealed to me because I like wooded sites but that doesn't mean it wouldn't appeal to others.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

We were at this site in April, its a lovely flat site with well broken hedges and bushes. The Hard standing and grass pitches are excellent. The facilities are also good as they usually are on Caravan Club sites.

Sutton on Sea is within walking distance, and is very pleasant.

Jim

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry, not been to this site but we used to own a chalet at Sutton on Sea. We ended up selling it and buying our caravan because the kids didn't like the place.

Without wishing to offend anyone, it's not really a place for kids but many elderly people seem to go there. Even the chippy had a defibrilator behind the counter!!

There is a nice little paddling pool and a couple of tennis courts. But you need nice weather for these. Beach is nice.

Sure you know Mablethorpe is nearby but it is a good couple of miles walk from Sutton on Sea. Parking in Mablethorpe can be a problem in peak season but it is a nice bike ride along the sea front promenade with a lovely little cafe along the way.

We too are looking for a site in the Mablethorpe area but don't know where to go. My 8 year old loves the old fashioned arcade in Mablethorpe and she can't wait to go!!

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo-Anne

We were there around the end of April this year. A fairly typical Caravan Club site with a mixture of grass and hardstanding. Good toilet facilities and a small play area for younger children. I have some pictures on my website www.caravantravels.co.uk if you would like to see them. It suited us but then we are older with no kids in tow.

David

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
david, what an amazing website for us caravanners. it is great and after looking at your diarys i am going to dorset in april next year. what sites did you look at whilst down there?. i do fancy either swanage or hunters moon.

jo-anne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
david, what an amazing website for us caravanners. it is great and after looking at your diarys i am going to dorset in april next year. what sites did you look at whilst down there?. i do fancy either swanage or hunters moon.

jo-anne
Jo-Anne

We have been to Hunters Moon and Haycraft. Both nice sites. If you are interested in steam railways you can walk to one from the Haycraft site. Also near to Haycraft is a small site called Downshay Farm which looked nice, might be worth a look to see if they have a website. It looks as if it might have grown out of a CL.

David

TRENDING THREADS