, haycraft cc site in swanage, hunters moon cc site in wareh...

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
anybody been to these sites please advise me. got to sort 2008 hols out asap the big tour.

if it helps we are a family of 4 in our mid 30's. we have 2 boys lucas 5 and reece 13 we also have a staffordshire bull terrier storm and shes 2. we dont like really noisy sites we like going site seeing, going the harbour, the beaches, and taking the kids out.

thanks

jo-anne

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just come back from Hunters Moon site, great site even in torrential rain!!(along with hail, sleet, snow, thunder and lightning!!)but even with all this, the site drains well, very quickly.

It is set close to plenty of woodland walks through forests and has an enclosed dog walking field on site.

Close to army tank ranges, so occasional noise from the guns, but not over intrusive.

7 miles from Poole (which is where the better shopping is), Fleet Air Arm museum at Yeovil, not too far away and a good day out.

Luworth Cove not far away, but be careful on the roads, you will almost certainly meet up with some kind of Army transport, from lorries to tanks.

Toilet facilities are good as are washing machines etc.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
jo-anne,

The pitches are varying in size, with some being quite large and others smaller, but still adequate for a van, awning car etc.

They have hardstandings and grass pitches, depends on your preference, and the weather!!

Weymouth about 13 miles i think, and a great beach, but dogs are banned in the summer from most , if not all, of it, so check carefully if you take the dog with you!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne,

Haycraft at Swanage is a nice site but not for children,but if you did decide to go there make sure you get a pitch on the left hand side of the site where the sun shines most.We were there at the end of September,the warden was a bit of misery.Jim

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

Have been to both Crossways and Hunter's Moon. Both very good sites but in my opinion Hunter's Moon is better. It is also much closer to Swanage, Poole and Bournemouth (although Weymouth is not that far away). Good forestry walks at Hunter's Moon-ideal for the dog!

All the best

Steve B

TRENDING THREADS