Health and Safety ?

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Nothing to do with Caravans but it may be in the future .
At home yesterday I had a new gas boiler fitted , once the installation was complete then I was issued with a gas safety certificate ( just like in static caravans ) now on this cert it stated I had a fault . this fault may be known to some members but I was totally unaware of this and quite frankly laughed at it and shook my head in disbelief . The fault was not the boiler but was in my home kitchen , the full size floor mounted double oven installed gas cooker was not --------------------- CHAINED to the wall , to stop it falling over :unsure: . This unit took 3 fully grown athletic men quite a time to lift, push , heave and toil into position several years ago and its never moved a millimetre since . Now today my good lady has refused to operate , stand in front of , go near , or even touch this dangerous self moving, robotic flame thrower , in case it hauls itself towards her .
I do know joking aside that most H&S ruling are to prevent injuries and provide good welfare , but this one made me wonder .
I have not written this to have certain members of the forum to lecture me as to the preventions and remedies of accidents and incidents however major . Its just a piece of information that may one day be of use .
Remember big brother , chain your caravan down whilst in a car park in case it falls over on someone ????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not surprised. i bought some new ice making trays, yes, the little plastic things with square recesses, for our freezer and they came with a big notice saying that electrical supply should be isolated before fitting and they should be fitted only by a qualified engineer.

As I am a Chartered Engineer in two disciplines, I took the risk and put them in the freezer myself (without switching off the electrical supply) living dangerously or what !

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I already chain my caravan to a ground anchor embedded in concrete when stored next to my garage........just in case it falls over :whistle: :lol:

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
We had a gas cooker fitted about 10 years ago and the fitter chained it to the wall so this is not new but as it is chained to an internal wall I recon that a good tug will pull it away. A waste of a good chain and hook

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
FrintonMike said:
We had a gas cooker fitted about 10 years ago and the fitter chained it to the wall so this is not new but as it is chained to an internal wall I recon that a good tug will pull it away. A waste of a good chain and hook

I've seen someone go through both sheets of plasterboard of an internal wall, while messing about at a party - I doubt that a wall like that would even support a grill-pan, let alone an oven!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts