Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone, I know this is not directly a caravan question but I'm using all sources. I have just found out that I have a cervical disc prolapse, don't know how or when it happened but it started on hol in august. Could have happened when moving caravan. My question is have ant of you had this or do you know anyone. If so Iwill post my enail for you to get intouch. Doctor freaked me out so any information welcome. Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a prolapsed disc 13 years ago. My advice is to stay as active as you can as I think it helps the final outcome.

Mine was quite severe but I find I rarely have any pain with it now. It did cause a very slight paralysis of left leg which means I cant run properly but I count myself lucky not to have chronic pain like so many others.

Alternative therapies? tried them all and came to the conclusion that a good massage to the back is as good as anything as it relaxes the muscles. A sports support belt was a goodsend. You can wear it to do those unavoidable tasks that make your back hurt. dont wear it all the time though!! Hope you get better soon. Take care

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Marie,

Just a little bit of info,for you,have a look on www.bbc.co.uk/health there is loads of help and information on that website have used it quiet a lot myself.Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Marie, Sounds like we're in the same boat! Ordered a 'van last month, diagnosed with a prolapsed disc yesterday (23rd. Nov.)!

Have to have a MRI scan in a few weeks for more info. on damage. What a disappointment

for us both. I agree with Rose about staying active and I think surgery, if appropriate, can releive pain in most cases. So we need to be positive and do as the doctors order so that we can carry on caravanning. Good luck Marie.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts