Heard that noise in 1968!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This year has been a bit topsy turvy not withstanding Covid. We were intent on selling the caravan and had it advertised but then immediately came lockdown. So we decided to keep it as a viable holiday option. So we booked a pitch at Camping in the Forest then about three weeks ago that was cancelled as CIF decided not to open the sites. So we found another in Hampshire. Things are looking good. This Sunday travelling back from Coventry where my brother in law had just come home after five weeks in hospital I heard a noise as we turned right on the Fosse towards Cirencester. Said to my wife “ sounds like the cv drive shaft noise we had on the minivan” Today had it confirmed and the new drive shaft assembly arrives the day before we are due to depart. Fingers crossed.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Bad luck. Your wife is more mechanically minded than mine as she has no idea what a CV is, never mind identify a fault.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
This year has been a bit topsy turvy not withstanding Covid. We were intent on selling the caravan and had it advertised but then immediately came lockdown. So we decided to keep it as a viable holiday option. So we booked a pitch at Camping in the Forest then about three weeks ago that was cancelled as CIF decided not to open the sites. So we found another in Hampshire. Things are looking good. This Sunday travelling back from Coventry where my brother in law had just come home after five weeks in hospital I heard a noise as we turned right on the Fosse towards Cirencester. Said to my wife “ sounds like the cv drive shaft noise we had on the minivan” Today had it confirmed and the new drive shaft assembly arrives the day before we are due to depart. Fingers crossed.
Did it arrive on time???

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It did but when the garage opened up the front offside gaiters apart from a slight loss of grease there was no sign of wear or deterioration on the coupling. They could not in all honesty fit a new drive shaft as the warranty would require either a picture of the worn unit or for it to be made available to an assessor. So they re packed it with grease. The noise was somewhat reduced but I can still hear it at times. So it’s a wait and see game again. Could have paid for it to be fitted but not at around £625. Problem with 4wd cars too many expensive bits. Anyway had a good five days away and looking forward to another slightly longer trip next week with straight roads and only gentle curves to the destination.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It did but when the garage opened up the front offside gaiters apart from a slight loss of grease there was no sign of wear or deterioration on the coupling. They could not in all honesty fit a new drive shaft as the warranty would require either a picture of the worn unit or for it to be made available to an assessor. So they re packed it with grease. The noise was somewhat reduced but I can still hear it at times. So it’s a wait and see game again. Could have paid for it to be fitted but not at around £625. Problem with 4wd cars too many expensive bits. Anyway had a good five days away and looking forward to another slightly longer trip next week with straight roads and only gentle curves to the destination.
Hi otherclive are you off for a full week enjoy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts