Heating the 'van during winter storage

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My van is on my drive, it's constantly plugged in , but on a timer to give the battery a boost, that's all. I ventilate my van when ever I can through winter.

I also empty all cupboards and leave them open, as I do the bed boxes if I'm not using the van for a while.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I see from one of the posts in another part of the forum that it was recommended to heat the caravan occasionally through the winter to prevent condensation problems. We purchased a new Sterling Europa 520 last autumn. We wanted delivery in March '08 but it was not possible and so we took delivery in November '07. It has been stored at our home since then. We have occasionally aired it and it gave me the oportunity to do some minor modifications (fit bottle racks in the cupboards for example) Should I now run the heater to warm it up? I do have an electric socket available so it should be no trouble. Can I leave the caravan heater on for a length of time unattended?

Advice on this would be appreciated.

Michael
Hi
Our van is kept on the house driveway.
It has no heating on all winter (no heating = no condensation when cooling down).
Never had any problems

Reactions: DaveA1

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our caravan is kept inside an old barn so it's never exposed to the elements
I leave some of the windows on night latch to aid air circulation and lift the upholstery from the locker tops.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
You lot are lucky, I saw my beloved caravan last Tuesday, Its kept in a barn with a new brood of pidgeons, Dirty buxxers. But I like wild life, especially in a pie, Webly Tempest 0.22

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You lot are lucky, I saw my beloved caravan last Tuesday, Its kept in a barn with a new brood of pidgeons, Dirty buxxers. But I like wild life, especially in a pie, Webly Tempest 0.22
I bet your caravan needs a good wash and wax before you go caravanning

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Even a mucky, 8 year old Coachman VIP, can look better than brand new vans.
But when I have the awning up and the cloths dryer out, I should really have the dawg on a blue Nylon rope. 🙄

Reactions: Thingy

TRENDING THREADS