Hedley Wood Devon

May 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi we are looking for a week away at Easter. Has anyone been to Hedley Wood please it looks nice in the brochure. We are looking for good dog walks, peace and quiet, and a nice pub or two! Appreciate any feedback thanks Mandy

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mandy

We went for the new year break 2006/7 the main field was closed and we were on a hardstanding area. The better half had a walk to the main field one day when I was ill and said that it looked quite good, the toilet block looked modern.

The toilet block we used was within the area with the entertainment block and was quite good and kept clean. It has a pub/club that was excellent, food was good, there is a games room for children along with a small aviary, pets/farm centre again good for the children

The site was full ie all hardstandings were taken and the site owners really worked hard to ensure that everyone enjoyed them selves, also every one we met returned year after year.

The surrounding area is good for walking as the site is down a country lane, although we had trouble finding the turning as we arrived in the dark

Hope this helps

May 29, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Alb you say down a country lane and immediately my husband starts to panic! Is it narrow or suitable for a large caravan? Are there any main roads near by as we went to a lovely campsite in Dorset but never got any sleep due to the droning traffic from the main road. Regards Mandy

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
dont worry about the road, my husband catches chicken for a living (yes someone actually does that!! ;-) ) and their lorries go down that road near/past the site, so roads are wide enough!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts