Hekki roof light.do you cover yours?

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
I know im getting older but we do like to have a lay in. As we have a fixed bed there is a hekki roof light over the bed.In the summer it gets light quite early,well earlier than we like and so the sunlight beams right down in our face.
The blind that pulls across is quite a snug fit , but is pleated.and it where the pleats are thats where the light comes in.
Have thought about cloth,but still lets light thru
cardboard but has to be mm perfect to fit the gap.so we thought about maybe having it tinted? what are your thoughts or ideas?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It seems be be quite a common problem with the pleated blinds. Such is progress. We don’t have a problem in the van as our blinds are okay but when I go camping the light does wake me up so I use a pair of eye masks. The sort given out by airlines along with razor, soap toothpaste etc. They are effective against the light. Then it’s earplugs to reduce birdsong at 0400!

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
yes on my fathers he has a strip and no pleats.like the 1 thats on the omnivents.retracted type that flings back if you let it go by accident.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I lowered the internal surround of both Heki s to do some other work, and found a fair amount of debris. Since the unit is never airtight and the blind perhaps partially closed when the vent is open at times, debris is inevitable, and includes dust, leaves, twigs and dead bugs.

This collects in the Vs of the pleats so the folds can get punctured when the blind is fully opened. Use a smallish soft paintbrush to loosen and remove with the vacuum cleaner. This is probably not something most users would do, but they probably need doing every couple of years depending on usage.

Its not a difficult job, but two people are needed ideally to lower/raise the inner trim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts