Hello All

Jul 20, 2020
Visit site
I am new to this site & considering purchasing a 2 Berth Caravan. I own a Auto Honda CRV 2.0 Petrol Engine. Would this be a good vehicle for pulling a van as I have read it has low power when pulling a van. I am not a fast driver so i expect speed is not that significant. Another question is space and access requirements. I have a vacant space approx 3 1/2 metres deep * 6 Metres wide that is currently fenced off but behind that is a common use driveway for other houses garages that I could use for accessing. I am assuming that if I had gates put on possibly 3-4 mtrs wide that this would allow the Caravan to be moved into position, & after which the gates would be closed,

I look forward to your replies.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am new to this site & considering purchasing a 2 Berth Caravan. I own a Auto Honda CRV 2.0 Petrol Engine. Would this be a good vehicle for pulling a van as I have read it has low power when pulling a van. I am not a fast driver so i expect speed is not that significant. Another question is space and access requirements. I have a vacant space approx 3 1/2 metres deep * 6 Metres wide that is currently fenced off but behind that is a common use driveway for other houses garages that I could use for accessing. I am assuming that if I had gates put on possibly 3-4 mtrs wide that this would allow the Caravan to be moved into position, & after which the gates would be closed,

I look forward to your replies.

Hello and welcome. Your cars handbook should give its towing specification. What year CRV is it. So it would be useful to provide that for starters. Do you hold a B or BE licence as the former is more restrictive on what you can tow. Do you have any Caravan makes or models in mind.
Regarding manoeuvre a caravan onto you parking area you would need a mover to be fitted unless it’s a flat smooth surface when two people could probably move it.

Jul 20, 2020
Visit site
Hello and welcome. Your cars handbook should give its towing specification. What year CRV is it. So it would be useful to provide that for starters. Do you hold a B or BE licence as the former is more restrictive on what you can tow. Do you have any Caravan makes or models in mind.
Regarding manoeuvre a caravan onto you parking area you would need a mover to be fitted unless it’s a flat smooth surface when two people could probably move it.
Hi & thanks for your reply. I will have a look in the handbook for the weight. Do you think the footprint of 31/2 * 6 mts would be large enough for a caravan ?

Regards

Nick

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Something like an Xplore 302 might fit. Have a look on Autotrader there are two. From your dimensions does the caravan have to enter them be swung through 90 degrees. This will take up a bit of length to rotate the van. An Xplore 302 is quite well fitted out and very light so could be okay for your car but need to know its towing specification and things such as kerbweight before being more specific.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I have an Xplore 302 and love it. Admittedly bijou, but has everything you need. They hold their value too. The link OC posted is the same model and year as ours and is £500 dearer than we paid for ours 2 and a half years ago. :)
mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome Nick, thats a good space , but the wrong way round, think of the length of the caravan from the Wheels to the back. Then you have to turn it 90 degrees, but you have to think about the diagonal dimension , from the say left wheel ( pivot point ) to the rear corner of the caravan. .

TRENDING THREADS