Hello from Lincolnshire

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, very nervous newbie here!! Loved caravanning when I was a child, family members are avid caravanners and so we finally gave in, looked about and bought our first van. Abbey County Stafford, not brand new, a bit of an oldie but plenty big enough for the 3 of us (me, hubby and 8 year old daughter) and we didnt want to spend too much to start with - just in case lol.

Have got a lot of pleasure out of kitting the van out with the essentials and a few personal bits and bobs - the daughter even spent an hour in it playing MacDonalds lol, serving out of the stable door!!

First weekend away is booked for next weekend (4 - 6 July). Only going to Anderby at the coast - not too far for our first adventure. Excited but terrified at the same time even though we are going with hubbys brother and wife (both seasoned caravanners).

I guess the biggest fear is actually getting there (hubby is going to tow but I'm going to learn aswell) closely followed by setting up - oh my!!!

Look forward to making new friends, both on here and maybe on sites too.

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lynne,

I am a newbie and also from Lincs. Have just returned from our first trip to Sandringham, I was nervous of the towing to start with but once I was underway found nothing to be nervous of (mind you, I didn't have to reverse!) I got so used to it I now expect to see the caravan behind me whenever I am driving!!

I am sure you will soon get used to it as I did. Have a great time at Anderby.

Ann

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Lynne. We are a very friendly bunch on here and if you have any queries, someone here is sure to know the answer.

We've been caravanning since October 07 and Claire does all the towing as Rob really doesn't like it. He's had a go and now opts out but in an emergency he would take over. Think it's the best plan to both be able to tow if possible just in case.

Hope your first weekend goes well.

Claire & Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts