May 29, 2008
Visit site
Just a quick hello. Found this website when we were looking for a caravan. Taken a rather large plunge and bought a 2005 Swift Charisma (560) and admittedly know NOTHING about caravans really. We pick it up next week.

I can see the first few months of ownership are going to be a very bumpy ride, learning a lot hopefully. I'll be asking stupid questions about stupid things but I guess we all have to start somewhere.

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Best piece of advice, once you have got the correct towcar - www.whattowcar.com

Go to a Caravan Club site, park near someone and go and ask. When we picked up our first van we did that and it saves tons of heartache. Also ask on this site, the people are superb and the advice priceless.

Finally enjoy

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Alex. A few have said that. We're not like many users from what I can tell as we won't be using it on weekends mainly. My partner works weekends Thursday-Saturday evenings only so our main use will be Sunday-Thursday (Coming back before he goes to work) during the school holidays. On my first look on the Caravan Club website a lot seems to be weekend based.

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Oh sorry forgot the Tow Car bit, we've been bought a Rav4 which we collect this weekend 2.2TD which whattowcar states will be a perfect match etc, it was something we did look at before handing the cash over.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts