Help!!!!!!!!1

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to caravanning, we've just bought our first van it's a Elddis Tornado XL, i have no hand book for this and was wanting a bit of advise. First thing is on the control panel i have 3 switches they say pump, lights and aux i understand the pump and lights but what is the aux for??. Also on the control panel i have a switch at the top that you can put in 3 positions they say car/ 3V / Caravan i think this means the battery??? but my battery is currently flat when i connect to the electric does my battery automatically charge??? sorry for asking some silly questions but this is all new and we go away for our first week-end soon.

Cheers Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
auxillary means additional or extra,that is what it is an additional source of connection for something else no need to worry about this.the other 3 car, van, 3v.you put it to car when towing to get fridge to cool,and to charge battery en-route to destination,caravan is for on site.battery charger via electic hook-up does not charge battery fully,will keep a well charged battery topped up.always have a full y charged battery before setting off.as for the 3v no idea

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
auxillary means additional or extra,that is what it is an additional source of connection for something else no need to worry about this.the other 3 car, van, 3v.you put it to car when towing to get fridge to cool,and to charge battery en-route to destination,caravan is for on site.battery charger via electic hook-up does not charge battery fully,will keep a well charged battery topped up.always have a full y charged battery before setting off.as for the 3v no idea
Cheers John, this has helped, i'll go and buy a charger!!.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cheers John, this has helped, i'll go and buy a charger!!.
Hi Andrew

I hope I am not to late in reading your querie, most vans have a built in chager so all that is requiered it to conect to a mains outlet for about 12hrs if it is flat, Check before you bye a charger if you need to bye one it must be a deep cycle chager not a car chager, as the van battery is deep cycle.

Hope this helps, if you need any other help please come back

good luck

Jim M

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John, we have just sold our Elddis Tornado XL '91.

This was a great van and we were all over with it.If you can keep the van origional and in good nick you will not loose money on it , it still is a popular layout and has many features or modern day caravans. WQe now have a Bailey Discovery cos the kids were too big too share.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts