Help computer problem

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Help please, for the last three days the little egg timer symbol next to the pointy arrow thing on my computer flashes whenever I'm connected to the internet.I have done everything in my vast knowledge(you know,run the Norton!) to cure it but have had no success...PLEASE,PLEASE somebody help as it is driving me MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brian (.")

G

Have you tried swithcing the whole thing off and restarting? This can often get rid of pesky 'bugs'

If it has only been there for 3 days what did you do in that time that could have caused it? Try using system restore (start/programs/accesories/system tool/system restore)to go back before it started and see if it cures itself. If you downloaded any software in that time you will lose it tho.

G

Thanks David I have already tried both of your suggestions but with no joy.Brian
Is the egg time symbol on all the time?? or only when you are doing something?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look in the task manager procceses. Order it by cpu and you should see the offending process at the top. Let me know what the top 3 are if it's not obvious.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi guys,Im back, ten minutes after my last post above my computer DIED.Its interesting to read elsewhere a topic about a windows update because all my troubles started when I downloaded mine.I'd also just upgraded to Norton 2006 and I think they took a dislike to each other !!! Anyway thanks for your suggestions guys and thanks to Mr Mod for trying to help too ....Brian (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
some of the updates do create havoc at times,best to have a restore point and restore back to previous settings and try again.make sure you stop everything running on computer(background programmes)before you install

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts