Help - How to sell a caravan quickly

Firstly I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn't know where best to post.

I find myself in a situation where I need to sell my caravan as quickly as possible. It is currently situated on a site in the north of England , but the agreement will come to an end in a few weeks and I have nowhere to store it.

Does anyone have any information on reputable companies that will buy in these circumstances. I'm aware I'll be offered a low price but don't want to be totally ripped off.

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
Firstly I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn't know where best to post.

I find myself in a situation where I need to sell my caravan as quickly as possible. It is currently situated on a site in the north of England , but the agreement will come to an end in a few weeks and I have nowhere to store it.

Does anyone have any information on reputable companies that will buy in these circumstances. I'm aware I'll be offered a low price but don't want to be totally ripped off.

Most dealers will normally buy stock in, particular popular models and layouts. That said some seem to be having trouble shifting the stock they have so they may be less keen.

There are also a couple of 'we buy your Caravans' type companies.

Selling your van this way will definitely involve taking a hit on price though.

(Ps I have presumed you meant a tourer and not a static).

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I advertised in Autotrader and within minutes of the advert going live two buying agents contacted me and were prepared to pay cash or bank transfer and view and collect the next day. Their offers prices without seeing the van we’re not that bad but of course they may have reduced it when viewing. An hour after going live a buyer contacted me to view and two hours later he’d given me a£500 cash deposit. He bank transferred the remainder at the time he came to collect the caravan three days later.

If you can find a copy of the CMHC or C&CC magazines there are adverts for buying agents. Or just Google caravan buying agents.

PS the agents all offered similar prices which were caravan unseen. But it was sold to the private buyer at 20% more in excellent condition with a very recent damp report by an AWS technician.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have used Preloved for our last caravan we had 15 enquiries before it was Sold for the full asking price we got a deposit and payed in full a week later so good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Buckman
...It is currently situated on a site in the north of England , but the agreement will come to an end in a few weeks and I have nowhere to store it.
This part of the post strongly reads like this is a static caravan on a holiday or residential park.

This forum deals more with touring caravans than static's so advice may not be entirely relevant to K.N.E.

If it is on a static site, the site owner may have terms and conditions about the disposal of caravans on the site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts