Help identify model no. for vintage stove

Jun 27, 2022
Visit site
Just over four years ago, as I was moving house, we were clearing up the house and garden I found both a still-working vintage Taymar caravan stove and a gas cylinder to go therewith, which I used for a few days before it became unsafe to do so, finding it a very impressive piece of kit in that short window of time. I also took a very small photo of an advertisement for the precise model in an old 'Exchange & Mart' magazine found in the garage that was being demolished, which unfortunately cannot be adequately blown up to read the model no. and, as ill fortune would have it, I didn't take the number down and forgot it! I have, earlier today, at last got around to uploading an album of the items found in that old garage to my 'The Curves Man' Flickr, including that photo of that advertisement. I wonder if any 'Practical Caravan' Forum members could identify the model no. of that excellent vintage stove (or maybe, even better, own one themselves, in rather better condition!). It is the one on the left of the two stoves in the advertisement, with the combined grill/hotplate on the left and a standard burner on the right - a burner which, furthermore, could take my vintage Sona coffee percolator without the necessity for an additional pan support.

View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_curves_man/52176260882/in/album-72177720300141048/

I also took some videos of it in action and here is my Sona percolator just about finishing percolation on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ceyLI1FhTVM

Jun 27, 2022
Visit site
Subsequently to that I had evidently forgotten that I'd had a higher-resolution version of that photo and I just tracked it down yesterday. It was a Taymar Trident 593!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow, Sorry can't help on your query, but my mum had a coffee percolator like in the photo, and I still have an Olympus Trip 35 camera.

Jun 27, 2022
Visit site
Thanks, Hutch!

As you will note, I fortunately don't need any more help with the identification of that stove, which I think was a real design classic, certainly for taking a Sona percolator and for the fact that one of the two burners both acted as a grill and a hob. It was of the sort that makes one wonder why all camping stoves aren't made like that!

The J 123 percolator, actually, came with its 'partner', the J 122 in a set I picked up for just £5.00 at a Mind charity shop where I'd previously worked, so that was a real bargain! The coffee I'm currently putting through it comes from Prague (Mokate brand) - see below for why the Czech Republic is so exciting for me - and I'm grinding it in a vintage AKA RG 25 coffee grinder from East Germany to complete the Seventies picture!

The Olympus Trip 35 really swung into action after I'd lost my Olympus E-PL1 in Prague while on holiday in the Czech Republic, making it very fortunate that I had the Trip 35 as a back-up when I dropped by Poděbrady on the final day of the holiday, as referenced at this 'Girls Of The Golden East' Blog post (that's my Blog, BTW!)

I'll possibly have to make that a future 'project' at 'The Curves Man' Flickr - uploading those Trip 35-taken photos of Poděbrady to an album!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts