Help lpg stations on journey please

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all we have just had lpg conversion and are off to the Isle of Wight on Friday.We live in Burnley and will be travelling via M6,M40,A34,M3 and M27.I was wondering if anyone who has completed this journey could help with which services sell lpg and are easily accessible with caravan on tow .

Many thanks

Liz

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
If you Google "lpg stations" you will find several sites giving information on where you can get LPG.

Look at more than one - they don't all have the same information.

You can also get downloads for your Satnav, if you have one. I haven't managed to get the Autoroute downloads to work yet!

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Liz,

We started using LPG about 8 years ago, when filling stations were pretty few and far between. The LPGA's list of outlets was a godsend detailing addresses, opening times, whether they took credit cards and whether they were part of a forecourt setup.

You can download the complete list using the following link:

http://www.boostlpg.co.uk/LPG Stns.pdf
Then, just work out a convenient point in your journey to refuel and look up the nearest outlet!

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi Liz

We also run on LPG [good init!] I'm off down the same route as you in the summer, i'll pick up the M6 at 10A. I've not checked my fueling points yet. I have to be careful as i only have 130 miles range when towing.

Does Warwick or Cherwell Valley or Newbury services do it?

If you look at Moto, Welcome break & Road chef's web site you should find info there

Have a look at the link below , the maps are a bit small and you have to be careful as the serches aren't fully cross refernced [e.g. Telford services doesn't come up if you serch M54 but it does if you search 'Shropshire'

http://www.go-autogas.com/
Cheers Gareth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz, don't worry about it. As has already been said, the approach signs to services will tell you if they sell gas.I used to carry a book with all the gas stations listed, but there are so many now that I don't bother. In twelve years LPG motoring, I think I could count on one hand the number of times I've run out, and had to switch to petrol. Just go, and enjoy the feeling in your wallet!

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
even with careful planning i've been caught out twice now by motorway services not having ant LPG.

worst was on the M1 south, both Rotherthorpe & Toddington wrre 'out' I say 'out' as it looked like the pumps had been out of order for some time.

It depends on your range, with only 130mile [towing] i have to be careful! i now fill up where i can!

gareth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gareth, like you I only have about 130mile range, but of course running out isn't a major problem, cos w've got petrol back-up! Filling staions being out of LPG is unfortunately totally beyond our control. I always make a point of expressing my displeasure though.Mind you, most stations seem to staffed by numptys who don't give a toss anyway! Still, at only around 50p a litre, I can suffer the odd inconvenience.

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
The LPGA association lists telephone numbers for the lpg stations - it is worth while phoning them up on the day prior to starting your journey just to make sure that they have LPG available.

I didn't when I went to collect my van, and found at the planned stop at a BP Station the pumps were U/S. I had a print out of the LPGA list, so found the next nearest. Unfortunately the directions were a bit misleading and the numpty at the garage was unable to give directions over the phone, so by the time I finally found it and got on with my journey, it had cost me over an hour!

Hopefully Lesson learned ...

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
I Know what you mean re directions, the problem becomes major with the caravan on the back!

I've used Google earth to look at the exact layouts of filling sites before now! A good sign is when you can see the gas tanks!!

I always try to plan so i'm not running short so can continue until gas runs out then hopefully not too far on petrol until next panned fill up!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts