Help needed on Heat Source heater

Sep 17, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone. New to the forum. Really hope you don’t mind me asking for help. But I have a Heat Source HS 2800 fitted to my old boat. Not much help on the boat forums so I’m hoping that this is where the knowledge is. So this is the issue.
If you push switch to the right it lights up green and blows the air around without heating. This I think is normal. Turn switch to the left (asking for heat) red and green light come on. After w while the red light flashes 5 times and this sequence is repeated. I have removed and thoroughly cleaned the combustion air in, and the exhaust gas out pipes. There is gas but no clicking of the igniter trying to ignite.
Where should I go from here?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpeg
    IMG_1185.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have you rang Propex, as I had one of their heaters in a French made caravan. Their technical support advisors were very good. They are a British company.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From your description it functionally the spark generator is not working, but I can't be certain that is the actual fault. It could be the main control circuit, or other problems inside the heater .

I suggest you should contact Propex or one of their dealers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts