Help replacing brake cable

Apr 24, 2005
Visit site
At the end of last season, when we unhitched back at storage, my hubby forgot to release the brake cable from the car. ( I know I know you men will say its so easily done.) Ehm.

Anyway after getting two different types, my hubby has eventually got round to trying to put a new brake cable on ready for our next trip away.

Any tips as he has said it is very difficult get the ring squashed down with it being so thick. Any ideas?

Thank you

Jenni

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Can you do away with the ring and just pass the new cable through the hole which the ring occupied? I'm sure your new cable will have come supplied with a small U-clamp to allow this.

Aug 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jenni

If you place the ring either in a vice or a hard surface on its end and push a screw driver in between the ring and turn the screw driver this will open up the ring so it can be fitted, if the ring on the van can still be used and not damaged us it and discard the new one on the new cable and again put screw driver between the ring tails and slide the new cable round, i would not advise looping a cable around itself as this will weaken it in the advent of a breack away.

Regards Carl

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts