Help - Touring Caravan Age Limit

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Some sites both here and abroad have length restrictions and some will not permit twin axle vans on site. Mostly though the age of the van is not a factor.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As the others have said, never seen an age limit for touring caravans, but I have been to sites that have asked for proof of the van being serviced within the year before, ie with a sticker on the caravan, normally put near the tow hitch.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
You say "to site your touring van"
Does this mean you are looking for a permanent pitch?
As with the others not heard of age restrictions for touring pitches,
but have heard of, over certain age for a permanent pitch, this may only be a select few but check it out first if you want a certain site.
Think the max age was 10 years which is quite low as my van is now 10 years old and is in better condition and looked after more than some of the younger vans on the roads today.

Reactions: Dustydog
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm not aware of any touring site stipulating caravans must be under a certain age.

I am aware of some holiday home sites where the there is an age limit for the units. Because these sites are all private property, the owners can set out what ever limits they choose. There is no legislation that standardises these conditions, so you might find different sites with different terms and conditions and age limits.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What age is the caravan that you are looking to buy and does it have a service history and is it damp free. That is more important that age.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
You say "to site your touring van"
Does this mean you are looking for a permanent pitch?
As with the others not heard of age restrictions for touring pitches,
but have heard of, over certain age for a permanent pitch, this may only be a select few but check it out first if you want a certain site.
Think the max age was 10 years which is quite low as my van is now 10 years old and is in better condition and looked after more than some of the younger vans on the roads today.

I second Kev’s post. If you are wanting to leave your van on a seasonal pitch, you may well find an age limit. On our seasonal site it is 10 years.
mel

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Used to tour with a 'Vintage' CI Cadet 10 - Never asked about age/service condition for regular touring pitches. Only the usual length of unit, which was often queried as there aren't many modern 10' caravans!

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It doesn't really mater what most sites do, its what the site you want use does, and if they won't negotiate (and they are not obliged to ) then you just have to find somewhere that will accept your caravan.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The two Clubs have no age limit. Never yet been on a site where age is an issue. Agree Statics are a different ball game and have age restrictions. Hence I guess Mel’s seasonal may be more seasonal than touring?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The two Clubs have no age limit. Never yet been on a site where age is an issue. Agree Statics are a different ball game and have age restrictions. Hence I guess Mel’s seasonal may be more seasonal than touring?
Yep. The van ( a tourer) is there, on pitch for the season. It is a seasonal pitch for tourers not statics. In the case of the place where we are, this is now a 12 month season, previously it was 8 months. The site also does “ store and pitch” . There is no age restriction on vans using this and neither is there an age restriction on short stay tourers, which are also welcome. The site is about 40% seasonal pitches, 60% tourers. ( give or take).
mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Ours is twenty years old and few weeks ago on site we saw a golden age one go bye, could not tell you the make except it was not fitted with tv Arial and had an outside pole

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts