Help - van has become unstable

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 13, 2007
Visit site
Mike,

Whilst I know that you have tried various things to improve the stability of your outfit, I am very concerned that you may be illegal by lowering the tyre pressures. The correct tyre pressures should be given by the vehicle manufacture, and if by using a different pressure (lower or higher) then the vehicle does not conform to its type approval.

If a vehicle is used on a public road in an unapproved configuration, it may be deemed to be none roadworthy, which is of course a prosecutable offence, and it will also jeopardise your insurance cover.

You should seek the advice of the caravan manufacture as to the correct tyre pressures for the caravan.
Mike

I found that my van tyre pressures had been set at 35psi by the dealer and the first time I towed it loaded at towed like a pig. I checked the manual and like you found they should have been 44psi so I set them to the maual pressure and lo and behold a diofferent van to tow. I suggest that now you have rectified the towball height problem you inflate the tyres back up to 44psi on the van and you might be suprised, my towbar is set so as the van is level when towing.

Richard

TRENDING THREADS