HELP warfarin1

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have recently joined the ranks of those taking permanent warfarin, which entails frequent blood teste.The prpblem isthat I normally go to France for several weeks at a time. I believe that I can getblood tests through the public laboratory service in France( through a Doctor?)but do not know if I can get WarFarin nor whether there is a system to deal with the relevant INR tests.

Has anyone reso;ved these issues, as we do not want to give up our French holidays.

I can be contacted on sjrlias@tiscali.co.uk

Stuart

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife has been on Warfarin for a number of years, in fact she will be on them for life. Normally we go on a package holiday during the winter and she makes sure she has more than enough pills to keep her going. She also gets a letter from her doctor to give to hospital if anything should happen to her. Touch wood she has never had any problem when abroad. My advice would be to go and enjoy yourself.

Aug 21, 2005
Visit site
I'm a Nurse in A&E and sometimes get patients from outside the area coming in asking for an INR test. We always explain that the department is for emergencies only, however we will carry out the test anyway (or refer them to the warfarin clinic) as no qualified/registered staff member will turn a patient away putting them at risk and leaving themselves potentially liable to being struck off. I speak for my own A&E department and assume this is true for the rest of the country. Perhaps there is a similar mechanism in france - don't forget your E111

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts