Help with rear bed of Bailey Ranger gt60 500/5 please

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks. I'm new to this forum and I hope someone out there can help me please. I have just purchased. 2010 Bailey ranger gt60 500/5 after part exing it for a ranger 460/4.
I have since tried and failed to set up the rear sitting area into a double bed. It's not as simple as using the wider cushions on the outsides and the slimmer ones inside after pulling out the slats. Sone of the cushions seem to fold out and some don't and I cant seem to find a way of setting it up whilst looking comfortable. I have emailed bailey and they have sent me a basic drawing that I can't make head nor tail of. I'm really hoping a ranger 500/5 owner can respond with the answer.
Many thanks indeed

Sean

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
I have tried to make up the 500/5 bed when at a dealers, and it is fun, especially if you want to make up the upper bunk.
I take it from your post you are just trying to make up the double, not the upper bunk. If that is the case, I don't think you need the fold out grey cusions, they are for the upper bunk.

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Yes I do mean the double bed. I have spare grey cushions which I presume are for the bunk but some of the main cushions that are already down in the seating area also split. It's all very confusing.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
From looking at a picture of the rear lounge, you can use all the patterned cushions, but keeping the split cushions folded double, that should then be the correct size. If that leaves the area not flat, open out the split cushions & use half of them. The grey ones may just be to fill in the gap on the top bunk rather than for the whole bed as open the top bunk is the whole width of the van so over 6' long. You then have to find somewhere to store the other patterned cushion when the double is made up if you intend on putting the double away during the day.

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi we have a 500/5. We bought it as we preferred the flexibility of the double dinette layout.
With the rear bed if you are not using the bunk you can use the cushions without unfolding. As has been said the grey ones are for the bunk. If you are going to use the bunk as well as the double to give a bit more head room under the bunk you can unfold the 2 split cushions and use them as a thinner mattress. Not recommended for adults as its a bit too thin. It also means you have to put the other 2 cushions somewhere. Good luck with your new van.

Regards

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a five berth Provence for ease we have exchanged the split back cushions with the front cushions easier to assembly the rear bed .
We turn all the cushions upside down when making the bed , the large seat cushions we place at the head and the foot of the bed, the two small back cushions we fit between the two larger cushions.
We have a memoury code foam matteress placed on the top, makes a very comfy sleep.
The grey cushions along with the other bits for the top bunk we keep in our spare bedroom.
We roll the foam matteress , along with the quilt and fit under the seat nearest the back door.
We chose the 5 berth gives us two lounges during the day and a telly viewing front lounge when its gets dark.
Trust this info helps you Royston

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Cheers guys for all your help. I have placed the large cushions at each end and have turned them 180 degrees so the "bumps" aren't in the middle. The smaller cushions I've placed in the middle but One seems to be about an inch higher than the other. I'll have another try. Cheers again for your help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts