help with towcar

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello can any one help me i want to buy a rover75 saloon/ estate or mg zt or the estate
but dont know which one best foe towing also power ratio are all different 114 129 131 i just
dont know which is best please help yhank you

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Having owned both a 114 bhp saloon and a 131 bhp (not sure where the 129 fits in) estate, I would have the 131 estate every time. The 131 saloon will perform just as well, but the estate is (in my opinion) a far more practical vehicle. With the estate, there's also the option of self-levelling rear suspension. When I originally bought mine, it was standard, but I had self-levelling units and the correct springs fitted. All in all, it was an excellent towcar. Often the 131 bhp cars were badged CDTi as opposed to CDT fro the 114.
When Rover launched the 131 version, you could have a 114 bhp version upgraded to the 131 if you parted with approximately £500. It was just a re-map. My saloon was done FOC by the Dealer for me. Based on that, even if the best car available to you is a 114, providing the upgrade isn't OTT, you could have it re-mapped. A good source of information is http://www.mg-rover.org, and www.tuning-diesels.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts