Mar 18, 2006
Visit site
Hi, just bought Abbey Lancaster, put deposit on it end of January as it needed some jobs doing on it, turns out they were major jobs complete bathroom rebuild due to damp, damp done in roof at front, damp done ar rear corner, major gas leak and other minor jobs. The van was delivered 10 days ago later than expected which was annoying.Going to go away this weekend but after all this rain I tested bathroom ceiling with damp meter and it wails like a banshee, I phoned dealer who has said bring it in 25th April which I declined as this should be priority job was told someone with authority to book in sooner would ring me back, still sat here waiting. I have paid £2200 plus £225 for 2nd hand awning am I being taken for a ride. It is my first caravan and now I cant be bothered with it, I wish I never bought the thing but having a 1 year old thought it would be better than our tent but now not so sure.Thanks for listening to me moan, but wouldnt touch this north west dealer with a barge pole.

Mar 18, 2006
Visit site
Contact trading standards and tell them you want a refund. they will advise you go back to the dealer with some good advice

Steve
Thanks for your comment Steve, I will see if they ring me tomorrow at the moment I am totally pi**ed off with it

Mar 18, 2006
Visit site
If you had a damp meter why did you not test before buying?

Did you not ask about damp when looking?
I bought damp meter after I had bought caravan and yes damp was spotted and dealers were putting it right as I said it has had complete bathroom refit. I have never owned a caravan before used to tents. Was advised to get damp meter to keep check on van throughout season

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Sue,

I'm a first timer also, don't get mad at the caravan, get even with the so called dealer.

Did they state sold as seen etc?

1. Write down what your going to say - Don't loose your temper

2. Apply steady factual pressure on them - what are the issues

3. You want it all put right, or full refund.

Trading standards would back you you up I'm sure, failing that an independant inspection, watch dog, rouge traders etc. Just the gentle threat should do.

A solicitor can give you 30 minutes free advise also.

Best of luck

Jon

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Absolutely Sue ! DO NOT accept this, it is not fit for the purpose it was bought and they are liable, dont despair though, you WILL get this sorted and you WILL get a good caravan and your one yr old will love it ! please dont be put off ! Take it back and DEMAND a refund (stautory rights) You will love caravanning ,keep logging on here for support,it will be worth it! ooohhhh does'nt it make your blood boil!

Tina xxx

May 4, 2005
Visit site
http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/saleandsupply.htm#sgsa
The Sale of Goods Act has been amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 which transpose a European Directive. Although the impact of the Regulations is relatively modest there are some useful benefits for consumers.

A claim can be pursued though the courts for up to six years providing it can be shown that the problem was due to the work not being carried out properly or the goods or materials used not being of satisfactory quality.

Hope this helps

Brian (",)

Mar 18, 2006
Visit site
http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/saleandsupply.htm#sgsa

The Sale of Goods Act has been amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 which transpose a European Directive. Although the impact of the Regulations is relatively modest there are some useful benefits for consumers.

A claim can be pursued though the courts for up to six years providing it can be shown that the problem was due to the work not being carried out properly or the goods or materials used not being of satisfactory quality.

Hope this helps

Brian (",)
Thanks for that info and taking the time to reply

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts