HENLEY-ON-THAMES CC

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

We're booked to stay at Henly-on-Thames in March. Has anybody got any suggestions of place to visit or walk too. If I sit in the van for too long I get itchy feet and need to explore.
Family Restaurants ? Boat Rides ?
Thanks
smiley-cool.gif

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Plenty of assorted eateries in Henley itself, boat trips or boats for hire by the river. Walk upstream, through parkland, to watch boats going through the lock. Riverside walk from the site across the road and through a park. Handy for a day trips to Windsor, Eton, Hampton Court. Stayed there several times and will return. (Perhaps you note a hint of envy here?)

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mike
Thanks for the additional info, you've really wet our appertite now. We'll be celebrating the wifes birthday whilst there, so a nice walk after a good nosh-up sounds good to me.
Thanks again.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi me again,
You mention family so maybe Legoland, not too far away, would be of interest ? That is if the queues are not too bad. Last time we were there we ate at a Greek restaurant - I think it is The Olive Tree; something like that; which was family friendly for a birthday do. There is also a 'Cook' shop which does pre-prepared frozen meals. You pay for the convenience - just bung them in the oven - but for a special treat maybe worth it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I agree re close to Windsor, Eton, Legoland. Cook shop good for a change, tasty too. Lots of eateries. For a treat try Raymond Blancs Resturant for afternoon teas and posh calorie high cakes.
Site an easy walk into Henley.
Other walks along the Thames to Marlow and beyond. Shiplake upstream past some rich Estates.
Hambledon Lock and over to a good pub at Hambledon a must. Used in Midsommer Murders as are lots of places in the area.
ie Wallingford, Dorchester on Thames, Warborough to name few. Turville for Vicar of Dibley. All these places have good walks to. Lovely to watch the Red Kites over the site. Boatrides on the Thames in season. Thames path and the Ridgeway National Trails for more serious walking.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts