Here we go again

Jun 26, 2024
Visit site
Hi from Birmingham, after selling my 2001 twin axle which we owned from new we have decided to have one more go and treated ourselves to a four year old Bailey Unicorn. Iโ€™m hoping to use the forum for advice on a planned trip to Southern Ireland particularly around overnight options around the ferry ports both sides.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi from Birmingham, after selling my 2001 twin axle which we owned from new we have decided to have one more go and treated ourselves to a four year old Bailey Unicorn. Iโ€™m hoping to use the forum for advice on a planned trip to Southern Ireland particularly around overnight options around the ferry ports both sides.
Welcome to the Forum, we did exactly the same as you. Sold everything including the car then three years later after a solo trip to Ireland bought another caravan.

Jun 26, 2024
Visit site
Having looked at ferry crossings out of Holyhead and times I think that an overnight either at Holyhead or Dublin are on the cards. In the old days travelling to a Brittany we used to stay on the docks which was very exciting for the kids. How do people do the Irish crossings?

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
We mostly go Fishguard Rosslare at lunchtime or just after. As it's a 250 mile drive to get to Fishguard we stay at https://maps.app.goo.gl/xn75Jx3ueyPoHVfv7
Makin an easy run to the ferry.
As the ferry arrives at 6 we stay at a site 20 miles from Rosslare
It says motorhomes but it takes caravans as well.
The return used to be similar catching the ferry to arrive in Fishguard at 10pm and staying again at the first site but times no longer work for that.
We now come back to Holyhead and stop on Anglesey don't know where it will be next time as the last site (a private one) was rubbish.
There are quite a few CL just off the Express way, that leaves us with a big drive home but yours will be about half the distance.
Fishguard/Rosslare is a much quieter trip than Holyhead/Dublin one of the reasons we prefer it.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The last time we went to southern Ireland we went Pembroke to Rosslare as the ferry price was a lot lower than other routes. Quite close to Rosslare is a reasonably nice campsite.

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
The last time we went to southern Ireland we went Pembroke to Rosslare as the ferry price was a lot lower than other routes. Quite close to Rosslare is a reasonably nice campsite.
If that's the one near the beach it no longer accepts tourers. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Another one we have used but it can be a bit boisterous is

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
My favourite site in Ireland, good stop the night before getting the afternoon ferry from Dublin.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My favourite site in Ireland, good stop the night before getting the afternoon ferry from Dublin.

if i can stop somewhere near looks ideal for fishing .Thanks

Jun 26, 2024
Visit site

Thanks, we have booked this site for the night that we arrive and the following night before heading West.

Reactions: GUMPY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts