Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
Just dropping in to say hi, not a newbie to caravanning as had my latest Bailey senator Virginia series 5 since 2019 before that we had an Abbey Lancaster 1990 and prior to that a 1980 cavalier.

I’ve been a member of the caravan and camping club in total about 12 years, first time around 10 years membership when with my first wife then we let it go as couldn’t get away for a number of years and now with my wife we’ve been members over two years now. I’ve been a reader of practical caravan for a number of years probably as long as I’ve had vans but surprisingly this is the first time ever I’ve joined the practical caravan forums ( I don’t know really why) so thought it just introduce myself and say hi 👋

I Can’t wait til me and the wife can get away in the van again, Like so many of you out there! Sadly because of the pandemic we’ve not been able to get away in our lovely Virginia as much as we hoped since we bought it. Anyway, Stay safe everyone and let’s hope it’s not too long before we get out and about again. 👍

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
We love ours, although we have last year had to have the whole rear end redone as we discovered there was severe damp in it and it had been re boarded over the damp so when we checked it at purchase it didn’t show up. No come back on he dealer either as we discovered it more than 6 months after purchase. But we love the lay out of ours.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Welcome and like you say we are all patiently waiting the starters orders for 2021. I had a S5 Pageant Bordeaux. Bailey dud a good job with the series 5s

+1
We had a S5 Pageant Majestic 2003 and it was a cracker. Got not far short of what we paid for it when we traded it in in 2012 for a Pegasus 462 2010 - and that was a good van as well!

Reactions: Chris Broadley
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum. I thought I had logged onto the Bailey Appreciation thread. 😁
Like a lot of others, we are waiting for a date when we can get away in our caravan again, it's been a slack couple of years.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris Broadley
Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
Hi Chris welcome to the forum we have a Bailey senator Oklahoma series 5 ours had a damp problem around front window

i did a random damp meter check the other week and noticed a high reading on just one part of the left front windows at bottom. Might have to have that done later in the year but gunna wait an see what is said at service first Which is due end this month / next month.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i did a random damp meter check the other week and noticed a high reading on just one part of the left front windows at bottom. Might have to have that done later in the year but gunna wait an see what is said at service first Which is due end this month / next month.
Hi Chris Good luck with your service keep us updated how you get on

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
Having had to last year having the whole back end re done it’s a job I’m expecting but at least it won’t be as big of a job as the back end. Well, hope not, can’t afford it to be.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Let us hope for a dry summer and a lot of the damp will go away, although the cause of the damp is still there, a dry window seal, or hopefully something similar, I haven't even seen my caravan since November. Mine is under cover in a barn, But I know the pidgeons in the barn by name.

Reactions: Baron Von Greenback
Mar 1, 2021
Visit site
Pigeons are a real problem, mine is parked in the barn.
But this year we have some sort of hawk/buzzard in there.
No pigeons now thank god.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Let us hope for a dry summer and a lot of the damp will go away, although the cause of the damp is still there, a dry window seal, or hopefully something similar, I haven't even seen my caravan since November. Mine is under cover in a barn, But I know the pidgeons in the barn by name.
Hi Hutch do the pigeons come to you by name when it feeding time

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts