Hi All from a converted tenter

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
What a summer it was last year we enjoyed three weeks under canvas in Cheddar (My good lady informs me it was only ten days) Many things broke or became unusable due to wet or Mud so we had to visit the local camping retailers. There are loads around Bristol and most sell caravans. By the end of the holiday I was bitten by the bug so on our return home we looked in earnest for a caravan.

Our starter outfit appears to suit us perfectly but we have only done weekends close by at the moment.

We have a Bailey Pageant Moselle 2004 model with an L shaped lounge and end bathroom. We bought an awning at the same time but that has not been used yet! As a tenter for many years i thought this would be no problem. But looking at the instructions you have to be a master engineer as well and that i am most certainly not.

Our Madam Moselle will be pulled along by a Hyundai Tucson 2.0 CRTD CDX. We have been out on short weekend trips and this combination appears to work well. I checked out all the confusing weight stuff and it appears to be within the 85% rule.

We are hoping that we can have many more years camping but in a caravan thus enjoying the extra comfort and of course staying dry.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ken

Welcome to the forum and to the tin tent side of camping. I hope that you enjoy many happy and mud free days caravanning in the years to come.

Don't worry too much about how to erect your awning, it's always a bit of a struggle for the first time or two but you'll soon get used to it. Take your time and lay the awning poles out alongside the caravan on the ground to get an idea of how they go. be careful not to let the poles damage the sides of your caravan and a spray of Pledge or Mr Sheen furniture polish in the awning rail will help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts