Hi everyone!!

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I started caravanning back in 2004 with a Buccaneer Elan 14(1994) which really did spoil us. Changed to a Swift Challenger 550(2005) with a fixed bed which started us on the fixed bed bug. We now own a 2009 model Compass Corona Club 624 with the fixed bed and full width washroom. I guess the next move would be a lottery win and a Vanmaster, What a nice 'van that is!

Since starting caravanning in 2004 we didn't get on holiday very often but now that we have the 'van it's a case of more holidays than Judith Chalmers.

Anyway, I'm starting to waffle on a bit so I'm looking forward to hearing any answers you may have to any questions I may find.

To anyone not sure about taking the 'van out in the depths of winter, worry not, It's great fun and a new look to any site.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Penfold, welcome to the forum.

We did some winter caravanning for the first time in the snow and we enjoyed it, it certainly adds a new dimension to the site.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello Parksy

The funniest part about caravanning in the snow has got to be just when you're comfy reading a book or magazine then a load of snow drops off the roof onto the a frame, it doesn't half make you jump if you're not expecting it.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes we noticed that too, its lovely being all toasty inside with the snow only a couple of feet away. We noticed it more than we would have sitting at home.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
At a guess I'd say the Cardinal with the fire bucket outside.

It would be a good idea if everyone placed a bucket outside their 'van. you never know when someone may need the assistance from it. I reckon it would be a good habit for us all to get into.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
At a guess I'd say the Cardinal with the fire bucket outside.

It would be a good idea if everyone placed a bucket outside their 'van. you never know when someone may need the assistance from it. I reckon it would be a good habit for us all to get into.
Hi Penfold, The fire bucket is reccomended by the Camping and Caravaning Club on all their sites.As you say they are very useful I have seen a barbeque which had flared dangerously controled in seconds with a bucket of water.Welcome too caravanning we are in our 25 year now after tenting for 8 years before that.Our two children both c/van with their children. 2 Lunars and a Bailey GREAT cheers Gdad Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts