Hi everyone

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
We had a motorhome for 5 years ,we have decided to try caravaning ,we have bought a Baley pageant monarch series 5 , can anyone give any advice good or bad

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Welcome madtaffy to the forum and also caravanning. we had a series 5 monarch and it was lovely. We were quite new to caravanning and i remember a few mistakes we made. Correction - I made, the boss denies any knowledge. If you use gas for the water heater take the outside cover off- pull off at the bottom. In winter empty the top tank on the loo. Do this by flushing until it stops and then pull out the plug in the cassette hole. (It is hard to get in and out but if it freezes and you use it the fuse will blow. If using the heater on electric let it warm up before switching on the fan. Even better start it on both and when warm switch off the gas side. If you have a moover fitted make sure you have the jockey wheel clear of the a-frame so it can swing round. Enjoy. One other thought is that if you have any 12 volt stuff with a cigar lighter lype plug you need a converter because the 12 volt output is a 2 pin device. (A converter is available from most dealers for less than a fiver.)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Madtaffy said:
We had a motorhome for 5 years ,we have decided to try caravaning ,we have bought a Baley pageant monarch series 5 , can anyone give any advice good or bad

Check the top of the front and rear panels for cracks and damp penetration. I had to have both replaced under warranty. It was an assembly fault by Bailey. I would think your will have been done or else when Bailey improved their assembly it wasn’t then necessary. Also some S5 didn’t have anti condensation boards fitted. Mine didn’t and it had bad condensation behind the lounge seats and rear bed. Again fitted under warranty. Otherwise our S5 was an excellent caravan.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Bailey are about average for quality but anything that age should have had any problems sorted but do check everything.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I thought I had already replied to this one , but I haven't , anyway , welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your new caravan , don't forget you have something on the back of your car not like driving a motorhome , spacial awareness is a must when going round corners as u have a pivot in the middle with something on the rear , take it wide & steady , it'll not take long to get the hang off it . Most off all , chill out and don't forget the wine !! :p

Craig .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts