Hi Everyone

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Just thought I'd post to say, we're returning to caravaning after 30 years away. We want to purchase a good sized van with plenty of space, any suggestions, maybe 2 or 3 years old? All advice gratefully recieved! M

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The choice is massive. I would follow Dodgers advice and look round the local dealers to see what you like the look of. Everyone is different so you need to look at layouts to suit you and the level of caravan that fits your budget. If you find some you like you can post the list and you will get opinions, but they may are likely to vary according to the posters experience and priorities.
Do check your cars towing capacity and kerb weight before buying as getting that wrong can be expensive.
If the caravan has a guarantee left, do make sure you have the service records to show these have been done and check any requirements by the maker to preserve this.
If you are looking at makes then Coachman usually gets the best satisfaction reports in the magazines annual surveys and Eldiss the worst on British caravans. There are still good and bad examples of both though so check out anything you are looking at thoroughly.
European makes do normally get a good satisfaction rating but are not always to British tastes and can be heavy.
Given your post, I take it you passed your test before 1997 and have the B+E licence.
Let us know how you get on.

Reactions: Dodger524

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts