Hi this is my first post!

Nov 14, 2022
Visit site
Hi there, this is my first post on here and thanks for having me.
I've been living off grid in a Coachman Laser 2000 for almost a year and have encountered a problem with my 3 way electrolux RM4291 today. The gas ran out whilst I was out so connected up a new bottle. Got the cooker and heater working but the ignition switch on the fridge has no light/ power.....is there anything I can do or do I need to get an electrician in to change the switch....?
Read a post about cleaning connections? Where is the fuse for this?
I'm a novice lady so if you are kind enough to reply please only use idiot language!

Thank you in advance

Reactions: Tobes

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I have asked our lovely mods if they can move your thread to Technical. You haven’t posted in the wrong section but will get more responses there.
mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum. So prior to changing the gas cylinder, fridge was running ok on gas?
I assume you are depressing the gas control knob and at the same time pressing the piezo ignition button? Inside the fridge bottom rear corner is a small window where you can see if the flame is alight. Can you hear sparking ?
You don’t need an electrician moreso a qualified AWS engineer. (Approved Workshop Scheme, mobile caravan engineer.

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
I've been living off grid in a Coachman Laser 2000 for almost a year and have encountered a problem with my 3 way electrolux RM4291 today. The gas ran out whilst I was out so connected up a new bottle. Got the cooker and heater working but the ignition switch on the fridge has no light/ power.....is there anything I can do or do I need to get an electrician in to change the switch....?
I'm a novice lady so if you are kind enough to reply please only use idiot language!

Thank you in advance
Welcome!
From the manual here it seems the ignition circuit should have a separate feed from the battery. Worth having a look in your 12v fuse panel and checking to see if all your fridge related fuses are seated ok and intact. Pressing the igniter should give you a flashing light to go with the sound of the igniter spark.
Good luck!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

Thank you in advance

Hi and welcome.

Here is the installation and user instructions for your unit which may help. Is your 12vollt supply to the fridge working?

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts