Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,
Having caravaned as a child and a couple of years ago travelled around Spain in a motorhome, my wife and two daughters have emigrated to New Zealand and shipped over a 2014 Bailey Pursuit caravan. To be honest its been a pain - it has a full bailey service history (last service November - I shipped it in December and it arrived in February), but I paid an inspector to check it and ensure there was no damp or damage. They confirmed it was in great condition with no damp. When it arrived, its clear the floor is rotten at the back (so thats booked in), the inspector stated they only check damp from the inside!
The truma panel is reading a sensor fault - I'm hoping I can clear it (I remeber the Roller Team taking a while to get working!). The truma pump won't stop pumping (I've asked in the tech forum for that).
Fingers crossed things are simpler going forward!!

Aidan

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,
Having caravaned as a child and a couple of years ago travelled around Spain in a motorhome, my wife and two daughters have emigrated to New Zealand and shipped over a 2014 Bailey Pursuit caravan. To be honest its been a pain - it has a full bailey service history (last service November - I shipped it in December and it arrived in February), but I paid an inspector to check it and ensure there was no damp or damage. They confirmed it was in great condition with no damp. When it arrived, its clear the floor is rotten at the back (so thats booked in), the inspector stated they only check damp from the inside!
The truma panel is reading a sensor fault - I'm hoping I can clear it (I remeber the Roller Team taking a while to get working!). The truma pump won't stop pumping (I've asked in the tech forum for that).
Fingers crossed things are simpler going forward!!

Aidan
There’s a very recent post like yesterday about a similar pump problem. The OP diagnosed it as a leak from a section of reducer pipe near the pump. That pipe has a longitudinal groove along its length and that’s where the leak was that kept the pump running at slower speed. Seems a strange design, but I guess that’s caravans for you.

And welcome to the Forum.

https://forums.practicalcaravan.com/threads/truma-ultraflow-compact-not-stopping-pumping.62322/

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
Thanks - yeah that was in fact me! I've managed to diagnose the sensor fault too - there must be a break in the wire beween the sensor and the boiler, the sensor works when connected by another short wire. A busy, but productive day today!

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Aidan Welcome to the forum someone on here will help you out anymore questions you will receive a answer they are a great bunch .

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
Thanks everyone.
I ran a new wire for the truma heater and its all working - so planning a trip into the Nelson Lakes now.
We're actually considering returning to the UK in the next 6 months and before we do intend to travel around NZ again for a month or two. May head South towards Wanaka, or if the weather turns, go to the North Island and head to Northland.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts