Highway 500

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I intend traveling the Highway 500 around Scotland next Easter, 2 weeks, anyone done this? which route did you take? any tips or advice would be gratefully received.

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
We did something similar in '89. New Astra estate, new Sprite Musketeer & two kids.
Staying at Gretna Green - Oban - Glen Nevis - Wick - Ullapool - Blair Atholl - Castle Douglas.
Doubt I'd drive so far between stops nowadays but we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The North Coast 500 is being heavily promoted and as such the best sites/BB?hotels will fill up early. If you have places that you are keen to stay at then I would pre-book. Some of the roads are narrow and whilst they do have passing places the side verges are soft and can be rough. A recent letter in a club magazine came from a recovery agent and he reckoned that business had boomed with the NC 500 promotion, especially damaged tyres. Best route is reckoned to be anti clockwise from Inverness.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
atky7 said:
My wife and I intend traveling the Highway 500 around Scotland next Easter, 2 weeks, anyone done this? which route did you take? any tips or advice would be gratefully received.
Are you towing or solo? The answers are different!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts